Developer Babak Yaghoobi has updated the DPF IOS native component suite to support Delphi XE7 Firemonkey. We’ve covered the DPF IOS suite before as it first came out for XE4 (and there is a DPF Android version). DPF IOS uses the native IOS SDK controls verses Firemonkey which draws it’s controls with OpenGL. It also includes an extensive implementation of the IOS API including everything from MFMailCompose, to recording video, to sending SMS with MFMessageCompose, to MKMapView, to UIDatePicker, to UIWebView, and even NSTimer. Additionally, it comes with 90 different demos showing you each control and how to use it. You can’t mix visual DPF IOS components and Firemonkey components on the same form but you can have forms with DPF IOS components and forms with Firemonkey components within the same app. These components should also work with AppMethod. Here are the release notes: New Version :
v8.9.6 - 2014/09/12
+ Added Delphi XE7 Support
+ Added TDPFMapView.ZoomBy method
+ Added TDPFUserDefaults.Synchronize
- Fixed TDPFMapView.GetCurrentLocation Access violation
- Fixed TDPFMapView.GetUserLocationVisible Access violation
- Fixed TDPFMapView.setCenter incorrect longitude value
- Fixed TDPFUIViewController.SetFrame Access violation id contain none DPF control
- Fixed TDPFMapView first time load custom image
- Fixed Access violation if TDPFActionSheetButtonItem title is empty
- Fixed TDPFUICollectionView Selected Item
- Fixed TDPFToolbar.CreateBarButtonItem Access violation if image is empty
* improved TDPFMapView.ZoomIn
* improved TDPFMapView.ZoomOut Head over and download the free DPF IOS component suite from Sourceforge for Delphi XE7 Firemonkey.
FMXExpress.com has over 700 tips and tricks for building cross platform apps on Android, IOS, OSX, Windows, and Linux with a single codebase and single UI using the FireMonkey framework found in Delphi and C++Builder.
FMXExpress covers top cross platform secrets for FireMonkey in C++Builder and Delphi XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, Seattle, Berlin, Tokyo, Rio, and Sydney.